As the cloudy days go on and on, and the common flue going about, we should definitely try to boost our immune system. A great and easy way to do that is to take in vitamins. Especially, vitamin C. All the better, that the mandarin season starts now through April. Corresponding, Wonderful® Halos® came up with wonderful recipes, which are sure to be loved by both kids and adults!
Wonderful Halos Mandarin Dragonfly:
Servings: 1 I Time to Table: 25 minutes
Ingredients: 2 Wonderful Halos mandarins, peeled and divided 2 Wonderful Pistachios, shelled 10-15 almond slices ½ cup chocolate chips 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place a bowl of chocolate chips over a small pot filled halfway with water over medium heat. When the chocolate chips begin to melt, stir until smooth.
2. Line a baking sheet or small plate with parchment paper. Dip the top third of six Wonderful Halos mandarin slices into the melted chocolate. Place on the baking sheet and then sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Dip the almond slices and pistachio in the chocolate and place on the baking sheet, placing salt sprinkles on the pistachio to create the dragonfly eyes. Put in freezer for 15 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
4. Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the baking sheet from the freezer and stack the almonds in a vertical row. Place the Wonderful Halos mandarin slices on either side of the almond row to create the wings. Place one pistachio towards the top of the almond row to create the head. Enjoy!
Wonderful Halos Mandarin Salsa
Servings: 4 I Time to Table: 10 minutes
Ingredients: 6-8 Wonderful Halos mandarins, peeled with pith removed, chopped 2 jalapenos diced, seeds removed 1 red bell pepper, diced 1 yellow bell pepper, diced 1 small sweet onion, diced 3 tomatoes, diced 1 teaspoon lime zest Juice from 1 lime Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped Kosher salt to taste
1. Combine ingredients and serve with chips.
2. Optional: Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse to make a liquid salsa.
Wonderful Halos Prosciutto Bruschetta Bites
Prep: 20 minutes | Time to Table: 45 minutes | Makes 25
Ingredients: 1 cup Wonderful Halos mandarin segments, roughly chopped 1 baguette, sliced and toasted Olive oil, bowl for brushing baguette 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 cups shallots, sliced ½ teaspoon kosher salt ½ cup white balsamic vinegar ½ cup brown sugar 1 bay leaf 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds 13 slices prosciutto ⅓ cup toasted hazelnuts, crushed 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Slice baguette thinly, brush with olive oil and bake until just toasted. Let cool.
2. Make Wonderful Halos mandarin chutney: In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the shallot and salt in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft and translucent, about 20 minutes. Add the vinegar, brown sugar, bay leaf and coriander seeds and let simmer until vinegar is reduced and almost gone. Add the Wonderful Halos mandarin segments and stir; remove from heat.
3. Top toasted baguette slices with a ½ slice of prosciutto, a spoonful of the Wonderful Halos mandarin chutney and sprinkle with hazelnuts and thyme.
Spiced Merry Mandarin Cider
Prep: 10 minutes | Time to Table: 20 minutes | Serves 4
Ingredients: 1½ cups Wonderful Halos mandarin, juiced 1½ cups apple juice ¼ cup lemon juice ¼ cup water ¼ cup sugar 1 stick of cinnamon 1 star anise 1 teaspoon whole allspice Thinly sliced Wonderful Halos mandarins for garnish
1. Juice Wonderful Halos mandarins and lemons. Strain out pulp and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
3. Heat over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved and juices are hot.
4. Serve garnished with a thinly sliced Wonderful Halos mandarin.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!